Monday, February 11, 2008

Question

Should I purchase the DVD's for Queer as Folk?


I watched a few episodes early on, and for some reason could not get into it. I know the main reason was that Randy Harrison bugged the shit out of me for some reason. Not sure if it was the actor or the character, but his scenes were difficult to watch. Does his character or the actor get better? I want to watch this show, but wondering if anyone who saw the whole run thinks it is worth it and does Randy and the show improve? I did love Sharon Gless!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get the original British series on with the American was based. I could not watch the American dumbed down version.

Anonymous said...

The American version is much better and I know many Brits who agree!

You either like Randy's acting or you don't. Gale Harold is by far the better actor and his character makes the show, imo, but you do have to be able to buy into the relationship or it'd bug you. Randy has fewer scenes in S4-5, if that's any help, but Justin and Brian are a main feature of all five seasons.

Anonymous said...

Randy is mainly a stage actor. I have seen him in 4 plays(Equus, Amadeus, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, and Mrs Warren's Profession, and he wowed the audience on all occasions. He was also good in Wicked on Broadway when he substituted for a few weeks in the role of Bok. Both Randy and Gale give bravura performances in the final heartbreaking episode. Buy the set.