Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Favorite Photo Shoot which should not have happened...



I have no real issue with Mario Lopez, I mean he seems ok. I am just not a big fan. I have yet to be overly impressed with a performance of his and although cute I guess, seems a bit overexposed for the actual work he does. That being said, I think Mario made a big mistake doing the current People magazine spread.

Now, I know you Mario fans will not be happy to hear me say this, but you usually do pics like these for a laugh (which is maybe why he did them) or to improve on the original. Well, lets just say, in my humble opinion, Mario does not old a candle to the original pics of Richard Gere, Mark Wahlberg, Burt Reynolds, Christopher Atkins and the other actors he copied. Sorry Mario fans, but these guys are icons, even Atkins whose acting jobs are few and far between is an icon to many gay fans growing up in the 80's. Mario pales in comparrison.






Just because as he gets older, Christopher Atkins, now 47, remains hot as hell!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get what you mean, Tye! He's quickly becoming the Christopher Knight of shoving himself out there to restart his career! Only Mario isn't doing it at midlife crisis age!

Anonymous said...

Totally agree with you. Those are iconic photos, esp. the Burt Reynolds one, and Mario pales in comparison. He's way overexposed and just about every photo taken of him shows him grinning like the village idiot. To me he's one of those guys who's aesthetically beautiful but completely lacking in sex appeal.