Sunday, July 13, 2008

Favorite Video of the Day

I was sent this beautiful video by blog reader, CBEntr. Given it is 2008 and gay marriage is still such a huge issue in politics and religion the video hit me hard with it's haunting images of how hate still plays itself on a daily basis in many lives. With a war going on, death daily by hunger, weather realted disasters hitting many around the world, homelessness and other pressing issues, the fact that anyone can have the energy to put time into hate is beyond me. The fact Obama took the political stand on gay marriage with all the other important issues present makes me think no matter who gets into office now, little will change.

The song he chose, One Tin Soldier is a haunting ballad to have behind the images. Wanted to share it with you all. Thanks CBEntr! Beautiful work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just want to personally say THANK YOU! It is guys like you who will get this video out. You can tell I am proud of how it came out, especially because it says what I, and I think everyone else wants to say. The gay community has been taking the back seat for too long, straights don't realize the hate is out there against gays, and I suspect, some of 'gods chosen' don't understand the hurt and ramifications they cause.

-CB-

Anonymous said...

Beautiful video. Thanks for sharing.