Friday, September 19, 2008

Favorite Blast From The Past for September 19th Rex Smith



When I was entering Jr High School in the late 80's I was a little behind the times. I was still wearing my Rex Smith/Farrah Fawcett hairstyle. I was a bit slow...(kind of like those who still insist on the mullett). I did not know much about Rex Smith back then besides those pics of him the red surfer shorts I saw in Tiger Beat magazine. I did have a cassette tape of "Take My Breath Away" His big hit from the tv movie 'Sooner Or Later'.



Known mostly at the time as a teen idol, Rex was a fixture on various tv shows including 1985's Street Hawk, and as Andy Gibb's replacement on Solid Gold. As the 80's moved on and Rex and he and other teen idols from the late 70's were replaced in the magazines by the new generation of teen hearthrobs, Rex did have something many of them did not have, tons of talent. Rex was able to keep alive his career by taking to the stage, his biggest hit at the time being The Pirates of Penzance with Linda Ronstandt and Kevin Kline. This was but one of many stage and Broadway roles for Rex. Rex remains a working actor, in soaps and tv shows in the 90's. Here's to Rex Smith who turns 53 today! Remaining visible in Hollywood for going on 4 decades is not an easy thing to do.











Rex's official Website HERE:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It has been so obvious to me over the years that Rex has a huge, fat cock.

Anonymous said...

OMG, that photo of Rex in the leather pants/vest is so incredibly sexy. I can actually see the outline of his balls and cock, the pants are that tight. I've seem some recent photos of him and he's still very handsome, if we could only get him to put those leather pants back on .....