Sunday, February 28, 2010

Kudos to Edie Falco and Nurse Jackie



From the moment I first saw Edie Falco on 'OZ' so many years ago you could see the woman was special. Talent beyond what you would have expected and an ability to play scenes in a way which continually surprise the viewer. I was not a huge fan of 'The Sopranos' (not a huge fan of James Gandolfini and I cannot understand the appeal of the talent free Lorraine Bracco). I did love Falco in that show however and if they ever had a DVD release of just her scenes I would be there.



Just finished the first season of Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'. Falco again does not disappoint. This is a hospital like you have not seen before (yet most likely more realistic than we might want to know). Great acting, great storytelling, great show. I highly recommend it. Great supporting turns by Peter Facinelli, Eve Best, the wonderful Anna Deavere Smith, Paul Schulze and especially Merritt Wever as the new nurse.

No comments: