Saturday, March 6, 2010

Kudos to Jessica Simpson. Jessica Simpson?



Ok, I have always disliked Jessica Simpson. Many reasons, some I may have written about before. She has a big voice, but in my mind never learned how to properly use it. I really dislike young actors and singers who are famous for things other than talent and to me Jessica fit that category. Could sing a little, could act even less yet due to her marriage and reality show was getting roles in features.

Jessica however sort of fell off the 'it' list after her divorce. Roles dried up, singing career hit the wall. (except for state fairs), and her reality show was done. She remained in the headlines, but usually as the butt of a joke or for her many romances.

I cannot say I now 'love' Jessica, but someone needs a raise (Jessica, her publicist...whomever) orchestrated her appearance on Oprah this week. She may have been on to promote her new show (The perfect vehicle for the former wearer of the Daisy Dukes) a show about true beauty...who would have thought), but really everyone wanted to hear her dish on John Mayer. Simpson did something she rarely did in the past, she took the high road. Someone is guiding her image change beautifully! She came across as mature, sensible and wise (I cannot bring myself to say intelligent).
Again, I have not exactly become a fan, but I (and I bet others...) don't loath her nearly as much. For that, someone deserves that raise!

1 comment:

Brian said...

I rarely watch Oprah anymore (a root canal without painkillers would be more enjoyable) but did watch this portion of the show. Jess did a great job and held her own despite Oprah trying to make it all about herself,as usual,and refused to go down the dirt road Oprah was desperately trying to get her on.Good for Jess for not falling for it and simply stating how she felt in an adult,articulate way : )