Saturday, May 8, 2010

Blast From the Past for May 8th: John Martin



When I saw these shots recently posted by screamapillar (thank you), I had to share them. John Martin was a model in the 90's who was frequently seen in beefcake shots and calendars. These shots come from a 1996 Hearthrobs calendar. This was a time when I was just out of my teens and before I had the Internet. I was still safely yet oh so unhappily tucked in the closet. It was also the time when 'Beefcake' calendars and posters, not to mention The Chippendale's, were all the rage. I often opened up the poster rack at K-Mart, pretending to look at some beautiful babe, yet quickly turning to the next poster of a great looking guy, often in the 90's in cut offs. These shots of John really take me back, there is something so 90's about them, the lighting, the tan, the hair. Also the fact that back then all traces of body hair were not shaved off.


No comments: