Monday, May 10, 2010

Celebrity Apprentice



Putting my feelings about Donald Trump aside, I have been enjoying Celebrity Apprentice. Was sad to see Cyndi Lauper leave last night. She is a true artist and has been hilarious to watch. Loved her fighting for 'the gays' as she put it.

Editing is an interesting thing, Cyndi came across as lovable and sweet even at times she was far from it. Holly Robinson Peete however, came across as queen of the bitches, again, even when she was not. The rivalry between these two women has been a theme the producers certainly played up. Cyndi is quite honest in her feelings about it, I think Holly 'taking the high' road comes across as quite false. It was evident from the get go Holly was jealous of the attention Cyndi got. She went out of her way to belittle her and resented the fact that Cyndi's talent as a singer and artist were taken more seriously than her own.

This show and it's editing have made me love Cyndi and her passion even more. Despite what I said above, it also has given me respect for Peete, whom I never really knew before the show. I like Sharon Osbourne quite a bit less, and have gone from laughing at Bret Michaels and his tears to actually seeing him as a caring and talented artist. I think Curtis Stone has it locked up but we shall see. One thing the editing cannot do however is make Donald Trump look any less like a tool.

Just my thoughts.






And...it gives me an excuse to add a little Curtis Stone to FH.





Curtis in 'Surfing the Menu'

2 comments:

Brian said...

First...a million thanks for the shots of Curtis. Have lusted after him since I first saw Take Home Chef.

I am hoping he makes it to the final 2 but think it will be Sharon & Holly. As soon as Cyndi gave Holly credit for the colour of the room,I knew she was gone. Interesting how Trump considers not admitting something different than lying.Says a lot about his character,or lack there of....From the beginning I thought Sharon would win with either Cyndi or Holly coming in second. Having met Donald Trump way to many times at charity events in New York,you are way off in thinking he's a tool....Pompous...Arrogant and Condescending are far more accurate!

Tye said...

Thanks Brian,
always enjoy and appreciate your comments.
Tye