Thursday, May 20, 2010

Kudos to Karen Hall



In my continuing effort to showcase not just those in front of the camera, but as well, those talented individuals behind the camera let me introduce you to Karen Hall. Karen Hall is someone who has been apart of my life, and possibly yours, since I was a child. It is amazing to me to think of all the great 'moments' Karen Hall has helped me enjoy and I have not thanked her.

Karen Hall is a writer and wrote two of The Good Wife this season, April's Doubt and as well my favorite of the seasons, Unplugged from two weeks ago.


Above: At the 2003 Emmy's with Judging Amy's Kevin Rahm.
Photo Source:

If you are a lover of television you have most likely enjoyed the work of Karen Hall. Karen began her television career as a writer in the early 80's on Eight Is Enough, M*A*S*H and Hill Street Blues. She also spent time as a story editor on M*A*S*. Add to this writing credits on The Betty Ford Story, The Women Of Brewster Place, Northern Exposure, Quantum Leap and I'll Fly Away.

The quality of her work, and the respect she obtained also led to jobs producing, most notably on Judging Amy. Hall also worked as a creative consultative on Roseanne, Grace Under Fire and Moonlighting. Hall has been nominated for Emmy's for her work on Hill St Blues, Moonlighting and The Women of Brewster Place.



Although I would never want to label any one's work, Hall has certainly been involved with standout work all of which has showcased strong, independent women. The Good Wife continues this tradition and I trust the producers will ensure Hall scripts more episodes in the future.

Hall is also the author of the novel Dark Debts, a supernatural thriller combining horror, Southern Gothic, humor, romance and theological mystery. Dark Debts was a Book of the Month Club main selection.

Karen has an amazing blog which she regularly updates. It is a joy to read, as it is laced with her intelligence, her wit, her talent and her humanity. Please check out Karen's blog HERE:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bravo!

Karen Hall said...

Wow, thanks for all those kind words! And for the record, I wasn't ego surfing, I was just trying to find an old publicity photo! But I thought I'd let you know that I am blogging at a different place now. Two years ago I bought a book store and now I'm putting my blogging time into the blog for that. Here's the address: http://somehavehats.typepad.com/black_bear_blog/

Thanks again. It's nice to know that someone is noticing my work.

Tye said...

Karen,
So glad you found the post! Just finished reading your new blog, thanks for the link and for the updates. A book store, my dream job...sometime in the future!!!

Tye