Tuesday, July 20, 2010

'I Am Not' by Brett Gleason Part #2



"Brett Gleason's first solo effort, 'The Dissonance' is a unique fusion of alternative rock and electronica, combining the low end crunch of industrial music with the melodic piano based style of a singer/songwriter."

The first single off 'I Am Not' has a sound I had not really heard before. After a couple of listens, and a couple of views of the video the song became embedded embedded in my musical memory. The song challenges the listener. Without the bells and 'hooks' used by many, you can not predict where the lyric and the melody are heading which is quite unique in today's Gaga land. Be sure to spend time with the video below. If you need another reason Brett is briefly naked in the last third...

Last week I asked you to head over to Logo and help Brett Gleason's 'I Am Not' make the click list. Well it only made the list, it hit #2!!!Please head on over to Logo HERE: and help 'I Am Not' make #1 this week! The video is the sixth one down on the left. There is a section to enter personal information but you don't need to do that-therefore, the number of times any one can vote is unlimited.

'It's an internal conflict with a universal application: You cannot bury, hide or deny parts of yourself for they will come back to get you. 'I Am Not' is about proclaiming pride in what previously caused shame, accepting yourself and the inherent duality of existence.'

You can check out more of Brett at his official site HERE: and Blog HERE:


Photos via Santiago Felipe.

The official video for Brett Gleason's first single, 'I Am Not' off of his debut EP, 'The Dissonance' (Check it out on itunes!)
Video directed by Drew Tobia with lighting by Mark Rangel and Santiago Felipe

No comments: