Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Thumbs Down to Fox TV



I must first admit I have not seen 1 episode of the Fox Drama Lone Star. I did however look forward to it's premier given the positive reviews I had read. Although TNT is looking to bring back the feel of the 80's super soap DALLAS (Below), Lone Star was Fox television's new drama set in the Oil industry in Texas.

I have the first two episodes of the show on my DVR and am not sure whether to watch. By all accounts the show was well done and the shows creators went all out this past week to save their show. I thumbs down Fox for not giving the show more of a chance. Some of television's biggest hits took awhile to find an audience, Cheers took several before it got it's footing. Even the mega hit DALLAS, a show which took CBS too new heights over 14 seasons had low ratings from 1978 through 1980 until the show took off with 'Who Shot J.R. Networks don't seem to have the patience they once had. Shows don't stand a chance. Lone Star was up against ratings Juggernaut Dancing With The Stars not to mention Monday Night Football and the CBS Comedy line up. Not sure what Fox could have put on that would have done better. Maybe Fox should have premiered the show in August and given it a month to build before Dancing came back on.

My dream job would be that of a network programmer and although I know money is the name of the game I also know that some shows need more support than others. Why would any of us invest in a show on Fox only to have it pulled after 2 weeks. Thumbs down Fox TV, Lone Star never stood a chance!

No comments: