Monday, November 15, 2010

Just Because: The Color Green



Although I am not a fan of Whoopi Goldberg on The View I am a huge fan of her as an actress. Jumpin Jack Flash is one those movies that cheers me up always. The Color Purple is a powerful piece of cinema and I only wish Oprah had chosen to focus on the power of the movie and not an hour of patting the cast (herself mostly if see the chosen film clips). I tuned in as I love the movie but surprise, the hour wasn't really so much about the movie as it was about Oprah. BTW: As much as I do respect Goldberg I don't buy the spin on her disconnection from Winfrey for one second. Winfrey's star rose much higher than Goldberg's after Purple it seems that may have played a role in the two women not speaking for most of the last 25 years. Goldberg would make a great friend, but a scary enemy.

No comments: