Sunday, January 2, 2011

Just Because: OWN


I don't know about you but although I have not watched 1 second of Oprah Winfrey's new channel OWN...it already annoys the shit out of me. Oprah's pronunciation of the word OWN and the never ending slew of commercials already have me sick of it.

No matter how nice Dr. Oz may be, I have not forgotten Oprah inflicted Dr. Phil on the world. It boggles me that Oprah is airing countless talk and reality type shows and claiming to be creating programming for the soul.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This will be the first time I've disagreed with you. Oprah has done so much for people and usually only gets involved with projects that help others and not harm them. I believe she has good intentions for this network and although I doubt I'll be watching any of it I'm sure it will benefit others who do look for inspiration within talk shows and other reality type shows. They aren't all that bad. I doubt she will have anything like The Jerry Springer Show or Jersey Shore. I'm sure her talk shows will be more like Ellen and the Reality shows will be more like the DIY shows on HGTV and Food Network.

-Chris

Anonymous said...

I feel sick of that channel too, I wonder why do I pay for that channel when I never expect to tune in.