Monday, April 4, 2011

Elizabeth: Thank You



I want to thank everyone who took the time to share their favorite Elizabeth Taylor movies with me. I still cannot believe I had never seen one of her films but am making up for lost time. My Amazon order arrived on Thursday and I stayed up far too late last night watching Who's Afraid Of Virginia Woolf. I loved every frame of it (but did want morning to freaking come...). All four actors were superb and I was especially moved by Richard Burton's George. Also who knew George Segal was such a hottie when he was younger. Edward Albee's award winning play was skillfully adapted to film by Mike Nichols in his big screen directorial debut. As a former actor I could not help but think of the hundreds of talented actors who emoted their asses off playing these four characters on stages over the country. Up next Butterfield 8 and then some Tennessee Williams.

2 comments:

Bobby F said...

I am so glad you enjoyed WHO'S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF?. It is such an exhausting experience! Did you also get SWEET BIRD OF YOUTH?

Tye said...

It was an exhusting experience Bobby, good description. Did not get SBOY yet.