Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Work Of Ev Dylan


Above: DW Chase by Ev Dylan

With the exception of Hans Fahrmeyer(Sunday's With Hans) and Marlen Boro (The Gentlemen of Marlen Boro) who have had weekly features, and Chris Teel who has been a regular contributor, I think Ev Dylan's work has appeared on FH more than any other. The reason is simple, I love Ev's work. Once a artist is featured on FH, they are welcome anytime! Every photographer who I choose to feature on FH is chosen because of a different quality that speaks to me in their work. Every time I profile Ev's work I attempt to put into words why I love his work. I am not sure I ever said it very well.

If you check out FH on a regular basis you know some of my favorite shots are subtle. Sexy, erotic and beautiful but subtle. Work that hits you over the head, that is loud, that is uncreative does little for me. Sometimes showing less says so much more. A shot of a naked model is of little interest to me without a creative photographer, and a great photographer needs a creative and talented model. Ev Dylan's work is based in a subtle emotional, respectful and sensual foundation. It's sensibility speaks to me. No matter what the location, who the model is, what the set up is, Ev's eye always captures something worth spending time with.

Today I am looking back on some of the profiles I have done of Ev's work. Beginning with my first post featuring DW Chase and also a brand new feature with model Mark Pett please enjoy the work of Ev Dylan.

To See more of Ev's work check out fotoicono HERE:
Also click here to see ALL of Ev's work featured on FH:

Below: Mark Pett by Ev Dyaln

No comments: