Friday, August 12, 2011

Buh-bye Big Brother


Big Brother has been a bit of roller coaster ride this summer. I decided not to watch because of the 'Dick'. I decided to give it a try because he exited the show before it really began. I got annoyed at the producers giving us a retread of the past several years with some of the most annoying players in BB history, and then got just a little interested because of Dominic providing a bit of eye candy.

Last nights show was my last of the summer and this post is my last for the year. It has been obvious since season two the producers play a hand in what happens. I have always taken that into account and like most 'reality' TV know that that is a part of it, but still enjoy aspects of the show.

Last night was simply too much for me. The manipulations were simply far to extreme and far too obvious. What is most scary to me is that even though I know I am right, I also know they are as well. The more pathetic this show gets with silly twists and annoying returning players. The more scripted this reality show becomes the more America seems to love it and the ratings shoot up...unreal!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say that I used to look forward to Big Brother being televised every summer. However, this summer after seeing who were the featured players, I was not impressed at all. Therefore, I have not watched one full episode. I watched about an half hour of the first show, and after that I haven't gave it a second thought.

Brian said...

This is the first year (other than the very first season) that I haven't watched the show.Bringing back the biggest @%$^*! in the shows history was obviously done to grab ratings.It's kinda nice having three hours of television viewing a week freed up,not to mention the countless hours spent on the computer checking the blogs and live updates daily.....