Thursday, October 13, 2011

A Favorite Part of Bridesmaids: Chris O'Dowd



So when I finally got around to seeing Bridesmaids I had already heard how hilarious it was and hurt bits about the some of it's most famous scenes. I have to say, although I certainly had a more than a few laugh out louds it was not nearly as HILARIOUS as many spouted. Melissa McCarthy was great, although I cracked up more at the one liners from Wendi McLendon-Covey. Kristin Wig is a comic genius but...as a regular viewer of of SNL I tire of that 'one note' sort of tone she seems to not be able t stop putting in every character she portrays.



I did enjoy the flick though, stand outs for me besides Melissa and Wendi were Rose Byrne and Chris O'Dowd. I know Rose as an incredible dramatic actress, but she really hit the right note in her portrayal of Helen. Especially hilarious to me were the few short scenes of Helen and her step children, priceless! I also, like many of you fell for the adorable Irish cop Officer Nathan Rhodes played by Chris O'Dowd. I had never heard of O'Dowd before so it was interesting searching out some prior performances, especially from the British comedy The IT Crowd. Check out Chris in the 2011 mini-series The Crimson Petal and the White below.

The Crimson Petal and the White (2011)






1 comment:

Bobby F said...

WOW! Nice lowhangers!!!