Wednesday, October 19, 2011

THE X FACTOR



Ok, The X Factor is over the top, desperate to pull at your heart strings, far too heavily and manipulatively edited. Deliberately confusing and obviously dishonest (those cannot possibly be the actual homes of all of the judges). Simon is as full of himself as always, Paula as wingy and Nicole Scherzinger more than annoying (if she questions how she will market someone one more time...) But...damn it if all of those things don't pile together to make the show freakin addictive!

I disagreed with many of the choices last night. For starters I would have kept Brennin Hunt. Yeah Yeah he is hot (in a Brandon Beemer sort of way) but although I see the talent in the two rappers chosen, I think they will become boring pretty quickly. I also liked most of the groups Paula sent home. I just hope the heavily produced pre-recorded tracks become a thing of the past when the singers hit the stage.

Got to love a show that makes American Idol look subtle...



If you have not seen the video below, do yourself and favor and watch. Yes, again manipulative, music cues and all but if it does not hit you emotionally you got to have ice running through your veins.

Below: Emmanuel Kelly From the 2011 Australian X Factor Auditions.

1 comment:

ScreamingSkin said...

Thanks for my Sunday cry, hehe!