Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Ode To The Facebook Celebrity...



I joined facebook late, but... over the last year or two have observed the journey of more than a few celebrities on facebook. Now most celebrities are wonderful, appreciative of fan support and know the power of social networking. There are more than a few however, whose journey has gone a little something like this...




Postings of the ego driven celebrity of Facebook: (and many non-celebrities as well who seem to think 'friends' are 'fans'.)

2005:
Finally left Myspace, tell all your friends they can now find me on Facebook!

2006:
1670 Friends! Lets make that 2000 by the end of the day! Tell your friends!!!

2007:
4601 Friends! Lets hit that 5000 mark this week, spread the word!!! You guys are the best, could not do it without your support!!!!

2008:
I have maxed out my friends, please join my FB Fan page and tell your friends!

2009:
I love you all!!!! Fanpage up to 20,000!!!!!



2010:
Sorry everyone, closing down my fan page, no time to update, if your on my main page I will be updating there!

Ok people, I want my facebook page to be for friends, family only, too hard to keep up with every one's posts!

Ok, I am going to start deleting friends. If you don't know me personally please unfriend me, it will help save me some time!

Join my twitter page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfriended

2011:

Facebook is getting lame, you can find me mostly on twitter!

Anyone heard of Google+?

Just got an account on Google+

The user does not exist.
No results found for your query.


Celebrity (insert name here) has joined facebook

Hey Everybody, join my new Facebook fan page!!! Tell all your friends!!!!!

1 comment:

PAuL said...

are the guys in the pictures celebrities who have done this?