Saturday, April 7, 2012

Anti-Bullying Etiquette?


Just wondering if anyone knows if there is any sort of etiquette to standing up against bullying? I ask as I was struck today, as I have been many times before, how some people declare and post well written outcries of anger over the suicide or bullying of a gay kid. Yet...some of those same people the following week are posting jokes, cartoons or photos which make fun of someone they deem to be dumber than them, differ politically from them, but most often someone with more pounds on their body than them. So, just trying to get the rules straight, picking on gay kids bad, picking on dumb or fat kids...a-ok?

2 comments:

David said...

http://www.danoah.com/2011/11/im-christian-unless-youre-gay.html

Something like this?

Anonymous said...

Neither bullying about being gay or fat are acceptable. I am both, and it pisses me off that being fat is a bulls eye for such hatred. If I were black and you called me a nigger, it would be a crime. If I were crippled and you made fun of me, it would be a crime. But, because I'm fat, everybody laugh. This is such bull. It's hateful and hurtful, and quite often I cry. It is not a crime to make fun of fat people, and our very own government is giving the country the right to ridicule anyone overweight. I've noticed the commercials on TV lately about using the words gay & queer & fag are not acceptable. But anyone can call me anything they want over being fat, and there's nothing I can do about it. There is such a higher suicide rate in the fat community than any other because of this.

Frankly, it's not nice to make fun of anyone just to hurt them and make yourself feel better. It's wrong on so many levels, and it needs to stop!