Thursday, April 26, 2012

Kudos to Evan Marriott



I never watched Joe Millionaire, Fox has had so many bottom of the bucket reality shows (The Swan, Who Wants To Marry A Millionaire, Temptation Island) and the ones involving romance always disturb me the most. I did however take notice of all the incredible modeling shots of the first Joe Millionaire, Evan Marriott, which made the rounds when the show was on the air.



Evan returned to Fox last week to participate in the network's 25th Anniversary Special. His appearance got a lot of people yakking but I really am not sure what all the fuss and criticism is all about. Aging is a natural part of life and Millionaire was on the air almost 10 years ago. I thought Evan looked pretty hot for 38 and his soul patch aside, is still a great looking guy with killer smile. I also loved Evan's openness about what a douche he was at the time and talked about the reality show for what it really was, and the type of people reality television attracts.



There is so much self loathing in the world today about age, weight and appearance, it is sort of a sad that being a cute, normal looking 38 year old is cause for criticism. Of course Evan is not the Adonis he was in 2003, in order to keep that up you need to make it a full time job, no one can sustain that forever. I am not yet 38 but I am old enough to know that as each year goes by it takes more work to stay fit and maintain the energy I want to have. With so many idiots out there ready to post trash about how one looks and ages, all the former Chippendales best stay locked in their homes. Kudos to Evan for providing many fantasy's over the years and for coming back to share his thoughts on his time as a reality heartthrob.

No comments: