Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Changing of the Guard:



I feel sort of hesitant excitement with the return of DALLAS to the airways tonight, close to 21 years after it's last airing in 1991. I remember being intrigued with the prime time saga as a kid, although I was usually being sent off to bed on Friday nights just as Lucy was getting juicy. It was one of the only shows my parents sat down to watch together and when I got a bit older I joined them. Sadly by then the show has pretty much lost the luster of it's early years. Thanks to the airings on the old TNN and the DVD's of course, I returned to Southfork to catch up on the doings of the Ewings.



J.R, Sue Ellen and Bobby are all returning as regulars with Cliff, Lucy and Ray also making small appearances. TNT has pulled out all the stops in marketing the 10 episode summer series and it will be difficult to live up to the hype and the history.

Dramatic Music highlight some classic DALLAS moments:




Besides Josh Henderson (who is sex on a stick) the new cast seems rather bland... If classic DALLAS doesn't float your boat, maybe this incredibly cheesy clip of Josh from Leeches might...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Leeches. My favorite guilty pleasure.

-Chris