Thursday, June 7, 2012

Poolshark: Diverting Attention



The intent of a pool shark is to distract you, intimidate and to divert your attention. That is exactly what Budapest based photographer Poolshark accomplished the first time I saw one of his images. That image, at the top of the blog as 'pic of the day,' I saw on a page with dozens of other images, mostly of naked men. Poolshark's less is more shot, was definitely the one that grabbed me.



Although Poolshark considers photography a hobby, he has been shooting for close to six years now. For a hobby, Poolshark has both the talent and ability to grab one's attention with both his visual shooting style and his incredible editing skills. His highly stylized shots beautifully weave together elements of fashion and fitness create both elegant and beautifully masculine imagery.



Working in the field of media in Hungary's capital city, Poolshark's professional appellation didn't stem from his love of eight ball or snooker. The photographer actually admits he is not that great a player. Poolshark first heard the term in a song and ended up as using it as part of an e-mail address, ended up liking it and the name stuck.



One of the fascinating offshoots of profiling photographers for FH is learning abit about other parts of the world. Not knowing a lot about Hungary, I was curious about the modeling industry in Budapest. Due to the size of the country, the market is not huge, and Poolshark reports many of the best models often end up going abroad to work in Milan, Tokyo, New York and Paris. That doesn't mean however that there are not some incredible models and agencies within Budapest and Poolshark sent on a few links showcasing many of the talented models working in the area.

Snowbear

'I usually pick my models from casting/model agency websites and I work on a TFCD basis. I would describe my style as eclectic, I'd like to try various ideas, and I consider it very important that the model feels comfortable with the results.'
Poolshark



Poolshark on ModelMayhem



No comments: