Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Summering In The Hamptons



I have managed to avoid almost everything Revenge related the past ten months. I watched the pilot last fall but it was not until this week that I returned to the Hamptons to savor this addicting piece of brilliant trash. Although Emily VanCamp annoyed me on Brothers & Sisters she is the perfect center for all the twists and turns the shows writers take us on. I am only a few episodes in but I am in hard!



My only complaints are the far too obvious green screen usage, especially in scenes outside Emily's beach house. They are often very distracting and given the show is shot in California, they should be able to find a proper beach set. Connor Paolo, though likable is not especially believable as Declan (although kudos on the great TV character name), he fit his role on Gossip Girl better. All is forgive however with any and all appearances of Josh Bowman and his pouty lips. As great as Josh looks in a towel, I actually prefer him in his white (and tight) pants that the show likes to put him in, at least of course until Labour Day!

3 comments:

Bobby F said...

Josh Bowman is photographed by Bruce Weber in the new issue of VMAN Magazine. He was photographed by Bruce years ago when he was a child. That pic is also in the special (and beautiful) Bruce Weber insert.

Anonymous said...

That does it! I'm giving in and watching it. I prefer my dramas on cable as the quality is usually better but I've heard so much positive praise for this show that I have to watch. I think I'll do a marathon of it this weekend.

-Chris

Tye said...

You won't regret it Chris, prepare to be addicted!