Friday, August 31, 2012

Summer Lovin...

September 1st... wow! 'The summer flew by' is an overused sentiment this time of year. As boring as the statement is, it is also freakishly real. The older I get, the more summers are beginning to take on new meaning, like Christmas and Thanksgiving, summers are becoming a time I seem to be reflecting more on my past, and the summers of my youth. Although I don't consider myself even close to old, I have been working full since the minute I graduated University and time to actually stop and enjoy a summer has not really been something I have really been able to do. Until this summer that is.\

In the past I have usually saved most of my vacation to take throughout the Autumn months. A week in September, a couple in October and one or two in December was usually my pattern. Although I never really spoke of it aloud, the reasons were not a secret, not to me anyway. I don't want to come across as overly dramatic, my life is pretty good overall. But... my deepest pains, the hurts that have stuck, have all stemmed from events which played out during the summer. September 1st was always a date I looked forward to, one I even counted down to on the calendar. It meant summer was, unofficially at least, over. This year, it changed. Don't ask me why, don't ask me how, I am still searching myself for the answer. September 1st this year, for the first time since I was a kid, is a day I am sad to see arrive. Although it included the loss of a very loved dog, I bounced back and still had a great summer. Nothing spectucular really, a few trips, time with family, a few houseguests, a few new friends made. Many days at the beach, many late night beach walks, a few nights with my head on the grass, my eyes on the stars. Although I am usually someone who annoyingly likes to scratch beyond the surface, in this case, I think the top layer is best left untouched. So... in honor of the end of summer, here are 10, in no particular order, favorite FH features which celebrate the lazy hazy days of summer. -End Of Summer: BJM by Mark Leighton -The Simplicity of Summer: Greg Sage Photography - -Winter Sunset: Pete by Paul Smollen

1 comment:

Bobby F said...

Tye, I am very sorry to hear about the death of your Dog Friend.