Friday, September 28, 2012

Autumn's Anatomy


So I have posted about Stephen Amell (above) and Taylor Kinney (below) but there are a few new, and familiar faces coming our way this fall I wanted to give a little attention too.


Chord Overstreet, Glee, FOX

I never had any doubt Chord would be a regular on Glee, last seasons drama with his leaving seemed more about publicity that reality. With two episodes and no sign of Mercedes, Mike, Finn, Quinn or Coach Beiste (and Santana and Puck having mere cameos) the only consolation in the choir room is getting to see Sam. Not sure the producers understand it is the mix of the cast together fans most want to see. All that aside though, I am embarrassed to admit anytime the commercial for this weeks episode came on I ran from whatever I was doing for a second or two of Overstreet abs.



Justin Harley, Emily Owens M.D. (The CW)

Despite his popularity playing Oliver Queen on Smallville, the CW chose to cast another in their re-boot of the show. Actor Justin Hartley was not unemployed for long however as he has been cast in Emily Owens M.D. Now I am sure star Mamie Gummer is tired of all the questions about her mother, but there is a quality they both share that I have seen in some Mamie's previous screen roles, and that quality, or talent is more than enough, along of course with Justin, to have me interested in paying this doctor a visit.



Jonny Lee Miller, Elementary, CBS

Johnny Lee Miller has been a favorite actor of mine since first seeing him in Hackers and Trainspotting. I am not sure I have the time to watch another television show, but I plan on adding Elementary to the DVR.



Malcolm Freberg, Survivor (CBS)

Not sure if it is the long hair down, or the long hair pulled back, but thus far the most appealing man walking the beaches on Survivor is Malcolm Freberg. Hopefully he will soon ditch the showmance and start playing the game. Watching Lisa Whelchel (Blair, The Facts Of Live) trying to maneuver her way through the social part of the game is also an fascinating glimpse into the challenges of being an adult, but no longer child star.



Brandon Routh, Partners (NBC)

Initially when I read actor Brandon Routh was cast as Michael Urie's boyfriend on NBC's Partners I felt a little bad for him. In 2006, Routh won the role of Superman in Bryan Singer's big screen re-make, Superman Returns. But, being an actor means many openings and closings and with Superman returning to the big screen with actor Henry Cavill, it was necessary for Routh to find another opening. I liked the pilot of Partners, liked it, didn't love it. The show had plenty of heart, but the writing and jokes seemed more suited for TGIF circa 1991. Michael Urie, so great on Ugly Betty, hams it up here, often more than needed, taking away from some of the shows more poignant moments. Routh's incredible looks aside, his few scenes were highlights and I hope he doesn't become the forgotten member of the cast.




No comments: