Wednesday, November 21, 2012

R.I.P Partners


There was a time networks gave television shows time to find an audience. Family Ties, Cheers, Seinfeld all took a season or two to find an audience. Partners may not have been Cheers but it was growing on me. Last weeks episode, which focued on the two most appealing actors, Sophia Bush and Brandon Routh, was one of the best, and I hoped that it might find an audience. Too bad CBS didn't give it time. I can't understand the audience that continues to turn into the generic and average Rules Of Attraction. So many sit-coms more deserving have failed to take off on CBS on Monday Night. But, given Monday night was the launching point for two of television biggest embarrassments, Two And A Half Men and 2 Broke Girls, maybe Partners was let off easy... I hope if Man Kind is alive in 2000 years, neither of these two show (both are paint by number and incredibly lazy) will be held up as examples of what we considered quality television in 2012...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The CW did the same shit with Ringer. I, personally, think that the flashes of brilliance in that show far outweighed any flaws that could have easily been worked out of the show, if it had been given a second season.

Anonymous said...

CBS really didn't have a choice. I loved Partners but the ratings just weren't there. I don't blame CBS for pulling it before it started falling even further which it was on the path of doing. I absolutely hate CBS shows and Partners was the only one I watched but they aren't going to invest in a show that very few people are watching. Sadly The New Normal will probably be canceled by NBC as their numbers continue to fall too. Maybe Logo can pick up the show and give it life.

-Chris