Monday, January 28, 2013

Kudos to Downton Abbey


Congratulations to the cast of Downton Abbey to took the acting prize for a drama at last nights SAG Awards. It was beginning to look like Downton was destined to always be the bridesmaid and never the bride (like our poor Edith). I like Homeland, but was a bit bored of it winning everything. Claire Danes get annoying at the podium has yet to shake Temple Grandin, whom she seems to inhabit whenever she accepts an award. Although I would loved to have seen my future husband Dan Stevens, actors Michelle Dockery, Allen Leech, Amy Nuttall and Sophie McShera all looked great and Phyllis Logan especially left her character Mrs. Hughes far back in the past.


If you watched last nights episode of Downton (either on PBS, or earlier in the fall elsewhere), you know Allen Leech's Branson dealt with some devastation. Maybe because I love my Matthew so much, I paid little attention to Tom most of season 1 but last season I began to see a little of what was attracting Lady Sybil.


Leech has been given many more moments to shine this season. The writers have given him a bit more depth beyond just being angry as well as a bit of glimpse of what has been hiding under his chauffeur's uniform. Leech has moved seamless to one of the male leads but I hope the show resists pairing him with another Crawley sister in the future...







No comments: