Friday, February 8, 2013

DVR Repellent!

Some top Talkers!

I am at work when most talk shows air, but thanks to my DVR, I can scan the tv listings and set a recording for anyone I might want to see or listen to. There was a time when being a great talk show guest was an art. It was about more than just promoting a movie, a television show, or more likely these days, a brand or product. It used to be about promoting a talent. Talk shows were closer to variety shows, and talent, wit, humour and the ability to be funny in the moment, were of great importance. Telling a story well was important and being boring was not an option. Johnny Carson and Joan Rivers would have made mince meat out of the yawn fest that is someone like Kristen Stewart. There are a few celebrities who to me, are talk show poison. People who pull down any talk show by being DVR Repellent. If when scanning the guide, any of these ten names appear, I know instantly, not to bother.

Has made a career out the most dishonest form of fake sincerity.

Why The Talk continues to bring her on is a mystery? He desire to be relevant after her expiration date has led to her show up for just about anything.

Makes Jerry Springer and Maury Povich look sincere.

There were brief moments she made me laugh on road trips, but her arrogance can be so loud. Not sure it is real, or a result of the constant Oprah questions she gets, but they are not going away anytime soon.

To me, she and everyone in her family represent why America is in such a financial mess today. Overstated, yeah maybe, but their transformation into famous celebrity millionaires, without any discernible talent or skills, has become the dream, and the mind set for so many.

I like some of her projects, but she seems unable to sustain any real type of credibility.

Questionable vocal talent, questionable acting talent, questionable intellect. She is doing well in fashion, although no one can believe she actually does anything more than point and smile at boots she likes.

Gained success by tearing down, making fun of, mocking and bullying anyone he thought people would right click to laugh at. Are his 15 minutes up yet?

LOVE her and her voice, and oh so talented, but though I know she has been through a lot the last few years, she seemed nicer, less arrogant and lighter before she lost weight.

Loath everything he says and everything he represents

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with all your picks.

I thought I was the only one that couldn't stand Bethany Frankel. Saw her own Ellen and it was the most obnoxious interview I've ever seen. Ellen can usually make any interview watchable but her interview with Bethany actually made them both look bad.

-Chris