Sunday, February 24, 2013

Thanks For The Memories


Every year, like many of you, I look forward to watching The Academy Awards. Most years, I end the evening wondering why exactly I was so excited. Over the last 10 years or so, more often than not, the Oscars are more slow than show.


I finally discovered last year that the Academy Awards are actually more interesting looking back rather than enjoying them in the present. Maybe it is because when the Oscar's actually air in February, most of us have not really had time to watch all of the movies, many of whom were just released in December. Maybe it is that really great performances really need time to be truly appreciated. I bet, that if the Oscars were delayed, by a six months or a year, the winners would vary greatly.


I look forward to the Oscars because of the past. I remember begging to be allowed to say up when I was young and watching with my mother. I remember staying up late watching alone in my teens, with friends in my twenties, and the few years I threw my own viewing parities. I remember the great moments (Cher), the great speeches (Jodi Foster for The Accused), and the the cringe worth moments (Calling all dwarfs...)


Tonight's show right now looks like a winner. Seth MacFarlene is great, and from what I read, there will be some great musical performance. If however, like past years, the show is a snooze fest, we can moan about it tomorrow then talk about how great it was 10 years from now.


Snow White finally tells her side at The Hollywood Reporter.com



Pitt Rockin the Carpets!
Pitt and Paltow, Pitt and Aniston (Emmy) and Pitt and Jolie:

No comments: