Sunday, March 24, 2013

I Have a Crush on a Guy...


Sadly though, the guy is a Crood, and furthermore, a toon...


Growing up gay, especially back in the 80's, some of the safest guys to crush over live between the pages of comics. Most young boys like comics so purchasing and owning them wasn't such a big deal. Some of my first crushes were not created of flesh and bone, but instead ink and newsprint.


There really wasn't a better, or easier way to see hot muscled men, shirtless, or in skimpy tight outfits than in the pages of a Superhero comic. As I wrote in a previous post, it was not a Super, Aqua or Bat man that I was most interested, I think my biggest toon crush as a teen was Archie Andrews.


Archie was not testosterone driven, cute and nice to everyone around him. A bit naive, but basically kind and sweet. Archie was the kind of guy I did, and still am usually attracted to. That might be why I am oddly attracted to the brief glimpses of Guy Crood that pass across my screen when television ads come on for The Croods. It also might have something to do with the fact Guy is voiced by actor Ryan Reynolds. Ryan may have played a superhero on screen, but I still perceive him having many of the qualities, such being sweet and kind that Archie had. Reynolds, and Guy, may be hot and built, but underneath, he also seems a bit of a goof, definitely more Jughead than Reggie and certainly worthy of a childhood crush transference!


And, Just Because: Reynolds in Buying The Cow

No comments: