Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Tossing the Salad


I know it is still just the first week of August, but those of us in the North East woke up this week to our first hint of fall in the air. I love summer, but the last four or five weeks have been more muggy than actually hot and the slight chill this morning was enough to have been looking forward to taking in all that Autumn has to offer.


One of the things I am most looking forward to this fall is eating a bit more. The summer heat zaps my appetite and I generally eat lighter in the summer, melons and other fruits and tossed salads one after the other. Autumn however, means really chomping down on thick and juicy root vegetables and plenty of pork and beef.


1 comment:

Bobby F said...

I wish I lived way up north this time of the year. 105 degrees here in Austin, TX, today...so hot that getting naked isn't even enough to cool off.