Sunday, September 8, 2013

Up On The Roof: Jonathan by JrChristiansenStudio


One of my favorite features to put together this past summer was Cornered by JrChristiansenStudio. When I started the piece I had no idea of where I was going, but the images took me an interesting place in my memories. When spending time with Jr's portfolio however, there were a couple of models whose look, and images deserved attention of their own. One of my favorites was Jonathan.


'The shoot with Jonathan was great and this was my 2nd shoot with him. He's very laid back, super sweet & fun. He is also a very popular Dancer/Party Host in the NYC area. As well as a budding photographer!'


22 yr old Jonathan describes himself as a Colombian and Dominican Singer/Songwriter open to 'almost' anything. I love Jonathan's look and especially love the way Jr shot and framed his incredible physique with the side view profile body images. I always think that with a rooftop location, part of the excitement, in the work, and the final images, is wondering how many unsuspecting people, in their offices or homes, might be watching. Minding their own business, by simply glancing out of their windows, they become and interactive and voyeuristic participant in what is going on up on the roof.




No comments: