Monday, December 23, 2013

Fall On Your Knees


Just got around today to watching this season's Christmas themed episode of Glee. It was great to see actor Bryce Johnson appear as the naughty Santa to takes advantage of Kurt and the Scooby Gang. It was sort of full circle for Bryce who in 1999 was starring in his own Christmas episode of a Ryan Murphy show, Popular. Fall On Your Knees was the season 1's Holiday episode and one I must pull out and watch again.


Popular shares much with Glee. In addition to Murphy there was the high school setting, cheerleaders, football stars and a focus on those unwelcomed to walk proudly down a high school hallway. The show had one of the best first seasons of any show I have every watched. It also had one of the worst second seasons which is why season 2 was also the show's last. Still, If you have not yet had the pleasure of spending time with Mary Cherry I would give it a shot!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Season 1 of Popular was great! I pretend like season 2 never happened. I miss those characters so much.

-Chris

MostFun said...

I got to see Bryce Johnson in an LA stage production of "Take Me Out," and YES he was nude on stage in the shower scene! My enduring memory of Bryce: LOW-hangers!!!