Friday, October 3, 2014

Autumn in New York by Richard Rothstein


New York artist Richard Rothstein is known of course for his incredible images of Manhattan Men. But it is not just the men of the city that drew me to his work, it was his photographs of the city itself. Richard's imagery takes in everything about the city most of us love, and so much of the city most of us have yet to experience.


When choosing images for my interview with Richard last week, (Urban Safari) the images that I saved included Richard's documentation of Autumn in New York. Autumn is my favorite time of year and although I have been to New York many times, I have only hit spring, summer and one trip in the middle of December. I have seen the city blanketed in green in the summer and white in the winter, but I long to visualize in person, the city covered in red, yellow and orange.


Until that time, these images will more than temporarily satisfy my desire. Check out more Autumn, and more naked men, on Richard's site HERE:





No comments: