Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Testosterone And Tiaras

Polyester, 1981

I have always had immense respect for drag queens, they in some way embody what it is (whatever that is...) that scares the shit out of so many bigots. They have also been front and center, representing change and movement. I especially love shots of queens photographed with naked, or almost naked, men very visually erotic and interesting.


Divine (Harris Glenn Milstead) has to be one of the most well known and celebrated drag performers and was struck by these images I recently found on a blog, brilliantly entitled Testosterone and Tiaras and as well on Divine's official tumblr. They were not credited, but my research led me to artist Landau Pole, not sure if anyone can provide more details about the artist behind them, or the shoot. Something about the shots, Divine, the model and there poses are incredibly sexy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a love/hate feeling towards drag queens. I love how they live their life to the fullest no matter what others think while at the same time I hate how aggressive they can be towards people. Love the pics.

-Chris