Thursday, May 14, 2015

Thaw


Since I generally share my excitement each winter after the first snow, thought I should also commemorate it's final bow. As of my arrival home from work this evening, the final bit of snow on my property was finally gone. It was a stubborn little pile, long ago turned from fluffy snow to hard ice firmly cemented at the very end of my driveway. Created by the snow plow, it hovered at about 6 ft high reigning supreme through most of February and March. By mid April it was just a small pile, no longer white, blacked by exhaust and air. I would love to promise this is my last post about snow, but I cannot. Come October or November of this year, when those first fluffy flakes start to fall... my excitement, although now firmly extinguished, will undoubtedly... arise once again.

No comments: