Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Shark Bait:


With shark week over, Sharknado airing this week and all the coverage of Mick Fanning's close encounter, this piece has been months in the making. I first saw Mick on TV about two years ago and intimately did some research and saved a few images for a future post. I slowly began more images of my favorite surfers in to the folder. Like so many posts I begin however, it stalled, and was moved to the ' future story idea's folder.


After seeing all the coverage of Mick last week, I brought this story idea back on to my desktop. I decided to wait a few days and let some of the coverage die down just a bit before putting together a post. That shark might not have aware of the television cameras, nor how much attention it's attempt at a snack brought to Fanning, and all who ride the board, but wherever it is swimming, we can thank that shark for inspiring the timing of today's salute to some of my favorite surfers.

Mick Fannning


Angelo Lozano

Evan Geiselman

Julian Wilson

Travis Logie

Danny Fuller

Surfer turned For Model Danny Fuller


John John Florence

And my favorite, (and at one time Taylor Swift's favorite as well) John John Florence

1 comment:

Hot guys said...

OMFG, that first one...
He's the definition of a real man!!! <3