Monday, August 17, 2015

Peter, Paul & Caitlyn


Actor and director Peter Berg found himself in a bit of trouble last month with his comments (and meme) about Caitlyn Jenner's Courage Award. Although I don't think Berg made the best decision with the meme, nor his choice of words, I got exactly where he was coming from. Berg, as I figured he would, went on to write a pretty decent apology as well as passionate cry to draw more attention to or war veterans.


Seeing Berg in the headlines reminded me how much I loved him when I was growing up. In the 90's, Berg was apart of several movies I really loved including Late For Dinner and his turn as the loveable loser in Aspen Extreme with actor Paul Gross. Who could forget his memorable naked wash room walk after having sex with Linda Fiorentino in 1994's The Last Seduction.


Berg went to becoming a regular for a few seasons on Chicago Hope before turning mostly to writing and directing. Some of Berg's most notable turns as director included; Friday Night Lights, Battleship and The Leftovers, a show in which Berg also executive produces. So with Berg's headline making turn brining him back into the spotlight, I thought I would spotlight a couple of his most famous roles.

 With Brian Wimmer in Late For Dinner (1991)

With Paul Gross in Aspen Extreme (1993)


The Last Seduction (1994)

No comments: