Saturday, February 25, 2017

Actress in a Leading Role


Isabelle Huppert, Elle
Ruth Negga, Loving
Natalie Portman, Jackie
Emma Stone, La La Land
Meryl Streep, Florence Foster Jenkins


I have to admit, I haven't seen many movies starring Oscar nominee Isabelle Huppert. I know she has made a ton of incredible movies, but the two movies that she has appeared in, I know mostly because of the male nudity element. I had no interest at all in actor Steve Guttenberg until he bedded Huppert in The Bedroom Window, and walked naked from the bed to the bathroom. That bathroom visit proved a bit of a problem for Steve, but it made watching the 80's thriller a lot fun.

The Bedroom Window (1987)




Ma Mère (2004)

A decade plus later, the naked man Hubbert was sharing scenes with was Louis Garrel, and movie, the 2004 film, Ma Mère. It has been awhile since I watched Ma Mère, and don't remember too much about it, well except for Louis' nude scenes, but I think a re-viewing is in order.



No comments: