Saturday, February 25, 2017

Actress in a Supporting Role


Viola Davis, Fences
Naomie Harris, Moonlight
Nicole Kidman, Lion
Octavia Spencer, Hidden Figures
Michelle Williams, Manchester by the Sea


I have an odd relationship to Nicole Kidman movies, I like to mock them, but I am also drawn to them.  I especially loved The Hours, Dead Calm, Practical Magic and The Others.  I also have fond memories of my old VHS copy of Flirting.   Lion sadly doesn't stand much of chance of winning many awards this year, but I liked it much more than films that are winning this award season.

Far And Away (1992)

Nicole Kidman has worked, and on-screen bedded, some of Hollywood's hottest actors.  The list is long, starting with her three appearances with former husband Tom Cruise.  Although maybe the least popular of the three, Far And Away was my favorite, and at the time, I found Tom's 'bowl' scene very hot.


Flirting (1991)

Ok, I had to a bit of googling before being ok with posting these caps.  Set at boarding school, Australian actor Les Hill was l8 and legal when he filmed his Flirting shower scene that many of us replayed over and over on our old VHS machines.


Malice (1993)

Malice was your typical, but enjoyable 90's thriller, highlighted by Alec Baldwin's brief, but hot, and sweaty butt scene.


The Paperboy (2012)

I watched for Zac Efron's wet tighty whitie scene, but Matthew McConaughey's performance made The Paperboy.


Dead Calm (1989)

Billy Zane was never hotter, nor badder, than when terrorizing Kidman and Sam Neil in Dead Calm



No comments: