Sunday, August 31, 2008

Favorite Blast From The Past for August 31st Aidan Quinn



Before anyone leaves a comment about Why Aidan Quinn is listed under 'Blast From The Past' I am well aware Aidan is still a busy working actor. He has several movies in production and made a splash recently in "Canterbury's Law" and the amazing "Book of Daniel". Daniel in particular was an amazing show which sadly got pulled far to soon! Aidan is an amazing actor who has been making movies for going on 25 years. Yes, Aidan has an amazing body, so natural, but I was also taken with his great head of hair and his amazing face).

Like many of you, I fell in lust with Aidan while watching his movie debut in 'Reckless'. Such a great movie, erotic and broody. (We all wished we were Daryl Hannah). Reckless began a series of movies in which Aidan was featured in during the 80's. He seemed to be seen less through the 90's but was still acting his ass off with at least 1 film out a year through the 90's. None really featured his amazing acting talents and beauty as some of his early work.

Aidan really hit a hattrick with his first three films, Reckless, Desperately Seeking Susan and An Early Frost. All favorites of mine. (BTW: I am positive Aidan had a brief frontal in the old version of DS Susan I used to own on VHS...Am going nuts or did I imagine that? I have yet to see it capped). So here is a look at Aidan Quinn, and amazing man with an amazing body of work.









Aidan in "Reckless" (1984)


















Aidan in "Desperately Seeking Susan" 1985








Aidan in "Blink" (1994)




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He always reminded me of this "basic hunky" straight tech guy from the theater I was working a lot in from college! :-) But I know the scene you're talking about from "D.S. Susan"! It was a teaser trick mid-80s movies were trying out I guess so they could "show something" but actually show nothing! It was a quick pan up his "nude" body in his apartment and you might have gotten a peek at a pube or two but that's about it! I remember it got some "oohs and ahhs" from the audience but we could see that you didn't actually get the full-on affect!!

Same way with when Keauno Reeves slides out of the shoot "nude" in the original Matrix and you wonder if you would actually see anything if they showed it in slo-mo!!

Anonymous said...

I first caught Aidan in DSS. I haven't seen Reckless. I no longer own a VHS player & it's not available on DVD.