Thursday, September 11, 2008

Favorite Import of the Day: David Vlok



Odd to me there are very few men from South Africa who seem to take their clothes off for movies or photoshoots. Not sure if this is a cultural thing or another reason. One exception is actor David Vlok who some may know from his 13 years on the M-Net soap opera Egoli. David entered the movie business as a fight co-ordinator, and then worked as a stuntman in international pictures.
He acted in action films including Reason To Die (1989), Red Scorpion (1989), American Ninja (uncredited) and Jackie Chan's Who Am I?



I love these pics of David for many reasons. They remind me of old Playgirl shoots from the 70's and 80's. I personally have no feelings one way or another on chest hair, I love it on some guys, hate it on others. David wears his well. I am curious whether these shots are just random promotial shots or shots for a certain project. Especially the shot of David with the other guy. Possibly a random modelling shot? Anyone know anything more about this shoot?


More from The Boys in Africa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

David Vlok posed for a picture book naked with six other guys on safari. I can't remember the nameof the book, but I think it was The Boys in Africa.

Anonymous said...

yes, it was and it is a tribute to male nudity

Anonymous said...

Where can one get the book?

Anonymous said...

The Boys In Africa by Andrew Kennedy

Tye said...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

The original book was called Desert Patrol, the revised version available on Amazon excludes his pictures though. The original was published in 1990