Monday, January 19, 2009

The TV Supermans:

I loved season 1 of Lois and Clark, but then something happened. Not sure if it was recasting of Jimmy Olsen (I really liked Michael Landes) or a change in the focus of the show, but I felt some of the magic was gone after season 1. Dean Cain was a great tv Superman though and I have been impressed with the roles Dean has taken on since the show left the air. He plays light romantic comedy and dark drama equally well.







I remember wondering 'Who is that Guy' when I first saw Tom Welling on 'Judging Amy'. He was so beautiful. At that time I was not impressed with his acting abilities though, but Welling has grown into a great actor over the years on Smallville. Welling is one of those actors I have grown to respect, not only for his talent, but for his ability to keep a private life and Tom remains out of the drama that often falls on Hollywoods young actors. Although I have had my frustration with Smallville over the years, I got excited about the show with the introduction of the Justice League a couple of years ago and am happy it looks like like Tom might remain with Smallville for another season after the current one. I only regret the writers were not able to hold on to Martha and Jonathan as the dynamic between Clark and his parents was one of my favorite parts of the show. It is a credit to Tom and the shows writers, producers and creators that Smallville became such a success, lasting longer than most shows of it's genre.




No comments: