Tuesday, January 26, 2010

No Joy...



Joy Behar, who at one time was one of my favorites on The View has become one my least favorites. It is not just her comments today (I just watched on youtube) but it is a dozen or so comments about gays she has made over the past year. Yeah I know she was quoting another, but that is not enough for me. I am not sure know Joy gets how putting statements like that out there only make it more difficult for those fighting so hard for gay marriage.

I have come to the conclusion that she is not as educated as she needs to be on the subject. I think she is one of those people who thinks because she knows gay people, she is a supporter of gay rights. I don't think Joy is a bad person by any means, but I do think that if you listen carefully to her, she holds opinions, or at least uses jokes about gays, that I would consider to be old fashioned, stereotypical and uneducated. I know most of you will totally think I am crazy, but I have heard more educated and intelligent statements on gay rights and gay marriage from Elizabeth the past 6 months than from Joy.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I would never watch The View on a bet, so it would be cool if you could have given the youtube link, because I don't know what her comments were, what kind of jokes she tells, or what it is you are referring to. From anything I have seen of The View via clips, it is just perpetually an affront to our intelligence. From whoopie goldberg claiming cruelty to animals is part of black culture, to that other woman publicly admitting she has no idea whether the world is flat or not, that show paints women in a very poor light.

Anonymous said...

I agree tye.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you Tye.

Anonymous said...

You were a lot nicer with those comments about her than I would have been.

Anonymous said...

I was done with her when she started bad mouthing conan and siding with jay during the NBC late night feud.