Saturday, March 13, 2010

Saturday Flashback: Keanu Reeves in 'Parenthood'



I remember going to see 'Parenthood' in 1989 with my entire family. I think it was the only movie we went to as a group. Usually when we were all together, at least 2 of my siblings would get into it one way or another. I was about 13 or 14 and remember how much I liked the film. Keanu in his tighty whities was a highlight at the time.

Re watching 'Parenthood' again recently, it still holds up. Keanu is still a hit, but I also love the work of all the cast, especially the wonderful Dianne Wiest who I have loved in so many movies. Keanu in his undies aside, my favorite scene involves an actor I once loved, Joaquin Phoenix. Long before he got so odd Joaquin made some great flicks. The scene in 'Parenthood' where he calls his father on the phone, only to be rejected hit me hard then, whacks and emotional punch now.











No comments: