Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Kate Kate Go Away, Don't Return another day!

I do not know Kate Gosselin. She might be in 'real life' a wonderful woman. I somehow doubt that though. I doubt it because no matter how hard I try to ignore her she is everywhere. I want to know who I can call to get a restraining order. She in infiltrating my life no matter how fast I try to run in the opposite direction.



I first heard of Kate like most of you when she and was on Jon and Kate plus 8. The show held no interest for me and I chose never to turn it on. Personally I have an issue with people having big families. (The The Duggars bother me as much as Octomom. In a world in which millions of children in this country and world wide have no family, no parents, are in foster care and group homes, large families like this actually turn my stomach.) But I digress....

The first few seasons of her show, I managed to avoid her for the most part except for the odd tv commercial or small picture in a magazine. I could live with the small intrusion in my life of someone I did not want there.

Then...well then her marriage hit the skids, my ability to avoid my stalker went to hell and a handbasket. Kate started showing up in every magazine and news paper I opened. Not just the trash rags mind you, mainstream reputable news papers and magazines were covering the marriage of Kate and Jon. Kate was on my evening news, CNN, almost every entertainment show there is. It was odd to me. Kate is not an actress (not a good one anyway). Kate does not sing, dance (oh God she CANNOT dance). She has no clearly visible talent other to annoy. Yet...she makes the news.

Even with this annoyance I managed to deal without requiring police involvement. I switched her off, quickly flipped the pages containing her usually scowling face, and continued to try to keep this unpleasant woman from my life.

Kate would have none of this though. Kate, like Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction will not be ignored. With her marriage in turmoil, Kate and her pr machine decided I MUST pay attention. She began not only being inside magazines she now was not content unless she and her extensions were on the cover. I could not quickly skip through the 10 items or less isle without having to have a Kate encounter. The producers of The View stupidly thought she should co-host on a regular basis. (Really bad decision. Scuzzy really. The show does not need ratings that badly).

She showed up on Dancing With The Stars.... Really this show must change it's name. When it hired actors/singers and sports people, even those on the D-list, it was fine to keep stars in the title. But with Kate they really need to change the name to 'Dancing With Whomever we think will get you to tune in.'
I must say I have never really watched this show, but I have seen enough of Kate to know her partner Tony deserves a medal. It is like he is dragging a 165 pound wooden mannequin around the floor each week. No offence to mannequins. Her kiss and 'I love you's' to her children are so fake only an idiot would think she being anything but manipulative.

Today I reached my limit. Not only did I read she is co-hosting ET this week (Mary Hart does not get much respect from me, but she deserves better). That on top of having to turn of the Today Show this morning to avoid Meredith's exclusive... (exclusive FUCK! What more could she have to say).

I want to know who out there gives a shit about this woman??? I really want to know because your interest is causing me and the rest of the world to have to continue to put up with her intrusion in our lives. Even Paris Hilton has dropped off the radar, Kate should have been gone long ago.

There must be a law, there truly must be. Unless one is to move to a cabin in the woods with no media one cannot escape Kate. Even then, my guess is she will find you. Don't put it past her to slap a backpack on and hike into the woods to throw the latest issue of 'In Touch' on your doorstep!

Again...this woman will not be ignored. I hope she goes away soon, I wish violence on no one, I truly do not. But preview audiences for Fatal Attraction insisted Close's Alex get her due. Kate, go away before Anne Archer launches a come back. Please!

Never has someone in the media tried to burrow themselves somewhere they clearly have no place being. Sadly...truly sadly she is succeeding.

5 comments:

Brian said...

A MAJOR benefit of giving up cable T.V. in January,is NOT having to deal with this media whore (plus now I just download shows I want and watch them commercial free)I've watched her "dance" on DWTS on blogs and OMG she's so bad she's good. Of course she's still on the show...she's doing exactly what she was put there to do,drum up ratings and controversy.People that hate her watch to make fun of her,people that love her (frightening thought) tune in to keep her there and people who don't know who she is (LUCKY bastards) tune in to see what all the fuss is about! I feel so bad for Tony,the man deserves a purple heart for dealing with her!

Anonymous said...

When you figure out how to get that restraining order against Kate, let me know how you did it so I can get one on Sarah Palin.

Anonymous said...

I have wondered the same thing. Why is she considered a "celebrity"? I saw her complaining that she can't go anywhere without the paparazzi following her. How sad is that? I mean that they follow her. And her complaining was really bragging...She is a star all right, in her own mind. I guess by talking about her, though, we're keeping her "buzz" going. We can't win.

Oh, but what do you have against Anne Archer??

Tye said...

Nothing Against Archer lol
I like her very much, just a reference to her character in Fatal Attraction who ended up killing Closes character.

Tye

Jimbo said...

AMEN!!!!! Wish I'd said all that! (I've certainly thought it at one time or another over the last few years!)

Thanks Tye!