Tuesday, May 25, 2010

It's Almost Over...

As the television season comes to an end h ere are a few thoughts on some shows I have posted about over the past year:

Lost:

I have been a watcher of Lost on DVD only. Each fall I buy the past season and enjoy it over a weekend or two. I broke this pattern to watch the last few episodes so I could enjoy the finale. I see there are quite mixed reviews but I loved it. It had so many beautiful moments. It was clear this show could not wrap up and answer every question but its conclusion to me was more than satisfying.

Grey's Anatomy:

On the flip side I HATED the Grey's Anatomy finale. It was engrossing, addictive and kept my attention from start to finish. Yet...as soon as it ended I felt completely violated and manipulated. The stupidity of some of the story was insulting. The shooter had moments with every main character (except for Mark) and although I am usually a big defender of Shonda Rhimes, this season finale was so filled with everything I hate about season enders. Last years was built around characters, this season it was built on doing anything to shock.

Dancing With The Stars:

This season is the first I actually have been watching consistently. I have said before, Pamela Anderson was one of the main reasons. Since her departure I have lost most of my interest. I know it ain't gonna happen, but the only person left I can stand is Erin Andrews. Evan Lysacek is quite annoying but he does not hold a candle to the manipulative and annoying Nicole Scherzinger. She and show make sure to provide us with crying filled 'I am not a dancer' moments each week but anyone with a brain can clearly see you are. I don't care how you spin it, your a dancer and should not have been put on the show to begin with. Poor Buzz...you didn't stand a chance!

Accidentally On Purpose:

You all know I loved Accidentally On Purpose. I posted many times about this show and tried my best to save it. CBS stupidly cancelled it. Although blanketed by Monday night hits, AOP still had impressive ratings for a first year. Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother took a season or two to really take off and I am sad AOP will not get that chance. It boggles me that they chose to save Rules Of Attraction (CBS's own According To Jim) instead. I have been a long time fan of series creator and producer Claudia Lonow and will miss all the laughs she provided. AOP was not the greatest show out there but it consistently, week after week made me laugh. I will miss the entire cast but in particular hope Nicolas Wright and Lennon Parham (whose line delivery is amazing) are back on tv very soon!

1 comment:

Chatter said...

I agree about the LOST finale. The mythology was so deep that trying to tie everything up would have been impossible. The ending was thoughtful, emotionally intense and twisted - just like the best episodes of this incredible series. They ended by focusing on the characters and not the mysteries. Lovely.