Monday, June 28, 2010

Leigh Carter shoots Nick Wolanski



Early into working on FH I came upon the work of UK photographer Leigh Carter. I really fell in love with Leigh's work when I was profiling model Anthony Brooking last year.

Leigh says of his work:

"For me, creating images starts from the birth of a concept and does not finished until I have saved that final edit in post production – and the whole process is an enjoyable one."



The enjoyment is clearly seen in all of Leigh's work. It is difficult to describe Leigh's work in a sentence or two and I suspect that is on purpose. I especially love Leigh's 'In Bed' series which has what I would describe as quietly beautiful and highly erotic. Leigh achieves this though soft lighting and a bed made up all in white. Within this setting his models may be alone, but you know not for too long.
Although the 'In Bed' series has one style, Leigh work can have very different looks depending on whether he is shooting portraits, physique or fashion or editorial work. Leigh also works equally well in both color and black & white. The only word that seems to streamline through all of his work is sensuality. Sensuality is, in essence, how in tune you are with your senses. Through Leigh's lens his models all seem be tuned in with their senses and their emotions.



Recently I saw some of Leigh's new work with model Nick Wolanski. Nick is an incredible model who, along with music calls modeling a passion. Nick likes to participate in his work and says that he is a free spirit and that there nothing he wont do if its gonna make some cool pics. His willingness to trust in the photographers he works with has led to some amazing work. You can see more of Nick at his MM page HERE: and his Official site HERE:



Leigh tells me that he approached Nick to feature in his debut photo book and he did not disappoint. "Nick is one of those guys I love photographing because he’s a true professional, taking direction well and also coming up with great suggestions. Our shoot delivered some stunning results and many of the more erotic shots with be taking centre stage in my book" Leigh will be working on his book over the next few months and is on the look out for fit guys in the UK to appear in the book. If your interested, you can contact Leigh on his website.

Speaking of Leigh's Website, if you have not been to boy:gender now is a great time. Leigh recently updated the site with 12 new models and lot of his recent work. You can also check Leigh out on Facebook where he shares tons of his latest work!

Thanks Leigh for sharing your work with FH!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Nick
Why the blocked out parts though!!!

Seth said...

I want to be in bed with Nick Wolanski
Thanks Tye, great shots!