Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Sexy by Walter Kurtz

Brad Ouellette by Walter Kurtz


"Ask anyone I’ve shot and they’ll tell you that shooting with me isn’t even remotely sexy. It’s actually physically painful at times. I had one guy who had to go to the chiropractor the next day."
Walter Kurtz (Source)

This quote sums up why I love Walter Kurtz so much. Yes I love his work, his signature shot, his use of lighting and most importantly his use of form (building, flower or body, Walter is a genius with form). Beyond his work, Walter Kurtz has a dangerously sharp sense of humour. Walter can smack you hard with the stroke of a few keys. I love his ability, and especially his sensibility to cut through the smoke and mirror of his occupation. Walter is indeed a master at the art of portraiture, but to many he simply shoots a mighty fine 'nekkid'. If you want to experience the wit and talent of Walter Kurtz spend a few minutes checking out his site HERE:



"Walter's one of the first photographers I shot with in NYC. He more than made up for horrible experience I had with another one prior to him. He's really funny and sarcastic which is why we get along so well. He make shooting so easy. He knows exactly how to work the light and tells you exactly where he wants your foot, your elbow, your chin, your hand etc so the shot comes out perfect. I see and speak with him on a regular basis and he's become a good friend. I've done a few shots with him over the past 2 years and am always impressed with his work... and his witty sense of humor"
Brad Ouellette






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa!

Miller said...

Amazing shots!